Midwest Gamine

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

modest summer outfit
J.Crew skirt old |  LOFT tee |  Old Navy bag |  Gap jacket |  Steve Madden flats |  c/o wood watch

modest summer outfit
modest summer outfit
modest summer outfit
I've never been particularly classy (though I DO try). No, I get too sidetracked; too enamored with the latest variations of the classics to do those classic gamine styles justice. Several years ago, I read Parisian Chic: A Style Guide by Ines de la Fressange, the super-guide to looking clean and neat like a classy Parisian. While reading, I discovered what I already knew--my biggest hangup with gamine style is that I get bored. I want color, bling, razz-ma-tazz! Which can sometimes look JUST TOO MUCH. 
And yet, I go there. 
Le sigh....
It will have to be enough that I feel clean and neat (if not completely Parisian) when wearing the occasional breton stripe. 

diy style + tutorials to your inbox



5 comments:

  1. important to know one's own style! So pleased for the book recommendation - my library has it and I just reserved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog gave us useful information to work. You have done an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice jacket is this that she had wear in it.Cartincoupon.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Nice Costume is this that she had wear in it.Online Shopping in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete

Kristina J. Copyright 2014

Kristina J. DIY Ideas | DIY Style All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger